Premonition have just launched a maintenance service for WordPress websites.
Why you need to maintain your site
We’ve noticed that our clients tend to find it quite easy to update content on their sites, but much more daunting to keep the site core software updated.
The trouble is, if the sites are not kept up-to-date, they can be left vulnerable to hacking when security flaws are found in old software. And although updating the software is usually trouble free, there is a justified concern that it can occasionally break things. This happened recently to a client and it spurred us to create this service to protect our other clients from experiencing this in future.
In another incident, one of our clients was hit by this hacking attack, which also affected’ tens of thousands’ of other sites and was reported by the BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38930428 Fortunately Premonition were able to repair the damage, secure the site and have them back up and running within a few hours. But this could certainly happen to you if you’re not on top of updates and security.
Here’s a rundown on other reasons to keep your site up to date. It also includes a guide to updating the software yourself if you’d prefer to do it that way.
The new service
- Core software Update wordpress core software within a few days of any release – immediately for security-only updates
- Plug-ins Update all plug-ins (third party software that helps run your site) monthly as new versions become available. This is done by manually logging in.
- Back-ups Perform regular site back-ups to roll back to in the event of any adverse event
- Virus scan We will perform a weekly scan for malware to check if your site has been invisibly hacked.
- Hacked sites fixed We will fix the site at no extra charge if the site is hacked.
- Update problems fixed We will fix the site at no extra charge if there is any problem during an update, whether from a failed update attempt or a software incompatibility.
Get in touch to sign up or find out more.